MISSION: The Youth Advisory Council’s mission is to engage high school juniors and seniors in addressing generational domestic violence that affects their lives and their schools with the goal of breaking the cycle early.
GOAL: YACSA’s goal is to help FVPS embrace the voices of young people and educate them about Domestic Violence.
FVPS is excited to kick off the FIRST Youth Advisory Council. A total of 32 upper classmen from 13 local high schools have been accepted to participate.
PARTICIPATING HIGH SCHOOLS…
- Alamo Heights
- BASIS San Antonio
- Louis D. Brandeis High School
- Central Catholic
- Clark High School
- Earl Warren High School
- Health Careers High School
- The International School of the Americas
- Lady Bird Johnson High School
- Lee High School
- St. Mary’s Hall
- William Taft High School
YOUTH ADVISORY COUNCIL WILL…
- Participate in bi-monthly, virtual meetings (virtual for the time being)
- Gain an understanding of the role our community leaders play
- Gain an understanding of the court system in domestic violence
- Gain an understanding of law enforcement in domestic violence
- Field research
44 years providing safety and comprehensive, professional services to victims of domestic violence in Bexar County and surrounding areas.