MISSION: The Youth Advisory Council’s mission is to engage high school juniors and seniors in addressing generational domestic violence that affects their lives and their schools with the goal of breaking the cycle early.
GOAL: Serving on the Youth Advisory Council will help FVPS embrace the voices of young people in our quest to prevent domestic violence.
FAMILY VIOLENCE PREVENTION SERVICES has been actively combating domestic violence in San Antonio for 44 years and is now excited to work with high school students, the next generation in our community
WHO SHOULD APPLY: 2021 JUNIORS AND SENIORS
We encourage high school juniors and seniors that are interested in learning and contributing as it relates to teen dating violence and how it affects the San Antonio Community. As of 2020 in the state of Texas 50% of teens acknowledge having witnessed or experienced violence in their short lives.
YOUTH ADVISORY COUNCIL WILL…
- Participate in bi-monthly virtual Meetings (for the time being)
- Expose participants to the nonprofit world
- Gain an understanding of the role our community leaders play
- Gain an understanding of the court system in domestic violence
- Gain an understanding of law enforcement in domestic violence
YOUTH COUNCIL PROCESS
- Monday, February 15, 2021 Application due
- Monday, February 22-26 Virtual Interviews
- Friday, March 5 Notice of Acceptance
HOW CAN A STUDENT APPLY?
Interested students should complete the application form by February 15, 2021. If the applicant has any questions concerning application process we encourage them to reach out for any support they may need. Please feel free to contact Blanca Uribe at email@example.com
CLICK HERE to download Youth Advisory Council Application
44 years providing safety and comprehensive, professional services to victims of domestic violence in Bexar County and surrounding areas.