Due to COVID-19, we are assessing on a monthly basis whether individuals and groups will be allowed to volunteer. We will acknowledge applications when received and let you know if we are able to proceed at that time.
FVPS welcomes individual volunteers, must be 18 or older and pass a background check.
- Download and complete the Volunteer Application.
- Scan and send application to volunteer coordinator at Andrea.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Confirmation email will be sent by FVPS coordinator.
- Coordinator will set up an appointment to meet prospective volunteer and discuss opportunities.
- Once background check is passed an orientation date will be set.
- Volunteers will be given a list of critical areas where their talents will be put to good use.
- Administrative Support is critical to the success of programs. Volunteers always needed for computer input, filing and other office needs.
- Monitors Office located at the shelter, the monitor’s office is the hub of the shelter. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, volunteers assist in residential requests, receive incoming calls, and other such office tasks.
Groups are always welcomed, helping hands are needed at the shelter.
- Group projects are facilitated Monday–Friday, 9 am–5 pm, or in the evenings by special arrangement.
- Volunteer groups can chose to work on something or the shelter will designate project as needed.
- Download and complete the Group Activity Form
- Confirmation will be sent by FVPS coordinator
- Monthly BIRTHDAY PARTY! The last Wednesday of each month a group of volunteers graciously host a birthday party.