Help us in our mission to end domestic violence by volunteering today. By becoming a community volunteer your talents and time will be put to good use.
FVPS welcomes individual volunteers, must be 18 or older and pass a background check.
- Download and complete the Volunteer Application.
- Scan and send application to volunteer coordinator at Andrea.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Confirmation email will be sent by FVPS coordinator.
- Coordinator will set up an appointment to meet prospective volunteer and discuss opportunities.
- Once background check is passed an orientation date will be set.
- Volunteers will be given a list of critical areas where their talents will be put to good use.
- Administrative Support is critical to the success of programs. Volunteers always needed for computer input, filing and other office needs.
- Monitors Office located at the shelter, the monitor’s office is the hub of the shelter. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, volunteers assist in residential requests, receive incoming calls, and other such office tasks.
Groups are always welcomed, helping hands are needed at the shelter.
- Group projects are facilitated Monday–Friday, 9 am–5 pm, or in the evenings by special arrangement.
- Volunteer groups can chose to work on something or the shelter will designate project as needed.
- Download and complete the Group Activity Form
- Confirmation will be sent by FVPS coordinator
- Monthly BIRTHDAY PARTY! The last Wednesday of each month a group of volunteers graciously host a birthday party.